Friday, February 26, 2016

Why Limit Happy?

Why Limit Happy Rustic Sign | Denise on a Whim
It's Friday! And I, for one, couldn't be happier.
Not just because it's Friday.
There's lots of other reasons, too!

Like the fact that it's almost March and spring is right around the corner.
We got walloped with some snow here yesterday and the day before.
But, you know what? Before that, I woke and heard birds chirping.
I love that sound in the morning.
Makes me feel like the lazy days of winter are almost over
and soon I will be enjoying warmer temperatures and more sunshine.
(And won't want to get into my warm jammies as soon as I walk in the door after work!)

It's not just the thought of spring either.
There's the usual stuff that I sometimes take for granted.
Like the sounds of my kids laughing in the other room last night.
And how about a nice, stress-free morning getting them ready and out the door for school?
That's one to jump for joy about!

I've been working on a lot of designs lately, both at my day job and at this job.
And that always makes me happy.
Love doing design work and, pretty much enjoy my job in general most of the time!

It doesn't hurt that I have a certain vacation coming up in May, either.
Pretty much an all-expenses paid vacation, which is even better!
That's really bumped my spirits up because,
if I'm being honest with you and myself,
I really haven't had a vacation in a good long time and I am DUE!
And this is a good one!
Can you say Caribbean island?
Woohoo!
I'll be sure to tell you more about it later when all the details are set.

Yeah, you kinda get the point.
I'm pretty content lately with what I got going on currently in my life.
All the normal day-to-day stuff that makes living worthwhile.

With me in these high spirits and all,
I figured this was a great time to share this little sign with you.
When you think about it, this sign rings true.
I don't think a person can always be happy.
And, to be honest, lately I've been weighing myself down.
Thinking what if this or how about if I had done that.
I've been putting restrictions on my own happiness without even realizing it.
So, I've decided to turn a new corner
(or maybe revisit an old street that I lived on once before!)
and stop that nonsense!
Why not be happy 99.9% of the time?
It really isn't all that hard once you stop limiting yourself to anything less!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Why Limit Happy Rustic Sign | Denise on a Whim

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!
post signature

1 comment:

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover