Friday, June 14, 2013

Chicken Wire Memo Board

I'm finally getting a chance to show you some of the projects I've been working on for this weekend's craft show!
Took me long enough to find the time to sit down and write a few posts. Geesh! 
This is one of the frames I picked up recently at a yard sale.
I've been thinking about doing a chicken wire memo board for some time, but didn't have the frame I needed. I chose this frame because it has enough depth to put 2 layers on it. I wanted the chicken wire to stand apart from the burlap backer.

I lightly painted the frame in Destin Gulf Green and distressed it with a damp rag.
I added wax to it and went to work on the burlap.
I cut the burlap to roughly the right size and then placed masking tape on it so I could paint a straight line. I used Destin Gulf Green for the stripe as well.

Next I stapled chicken wire to the inside of the frame, as close possible to the front of the frame so the chicken wire would stand apart from the burlap. 

After trimming the edges of the chicken wire (with scissors, because I couldn't find any wire cutters. Broke one pair of those same scissors, by the way! Not the recommended way of cutting the chicken wire, just so you all know. Do no try it at home. lol), I laid out the burlap and stapled that to the very back of the frame.

The chicken wire and burlap have about a half inch between them.
Plenty of room to use a clothespin for hanging papers on the chicken wire. 
This memo board turned out so cute, that I really hate to sell it!
Not the first time that has happened though... {sigh}


If you haven't liked our facebook page yet, you can do that here.
And you can follow me on Pinterest with this link.
To get my new posts at bloglovin', just click this.
New followers and comments absolutely make my day! :)

Everyone loves a good party!
Check my project out along with other great inspiration, at these great blogs...

One Project at a Time at A Bowl Full of Lemons, Transformation Tuesday at The Ironstone Nest, Monday Funday at Creatively Living, Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm, The Scoop at Cedar Hill Ranch, Project Inspired{d}at Cupcakes and Crinoline, You're Gonna Love It at Kathe with an E, Transformed Tuesdays at PJH Designs, Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House, Take a Look Tuesday at Sugar Bee Crafts, Primp Your Stuff Wednesday at Primp Junktion, Be Inspired at Elizabeth and Co, Pretty Things Link Party at twelveOeight, Time to Shine at A Diamond in the Stuff, Too Cute Tuesday at Funky Polkadot Giraffe, The Power of Paint Party at Domestically Speaking, Creatively Tuesday at The Rustic Pig, Show Me What You Got at Not Just a Housewife, Share It Link Party at The Winthrop Chronicles, Tasteful Tuesday at Naptime Creations, Tutorial Tuesday at Hope Studios, Trash 2 Treasure at Kammy's Korner, Fluster's Creative Muster Party at Fluster Buster, The Creative Spark at Clean and Scentsible, Tuesdays at Our Home at Our Home Away from Home, Homemade by You at Made to be a Momma, Trendy Tuesdays at Sweet Little Gals, Brag About It Tuesday at Bebetsy, Ginger Jamboree LInk Party at Homemade Ginger

Wildly Original Link Party at I Gotta Create, Wow Us Wednesday at Family Home and Life, Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts, Whimsy Wednesday at Smart School House, What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants, Wednesday Whatsits at White Lights on Wednesday, What We Accomplished Wednesday at Green Willow Pond, Under $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket Fence, Show and Share at Southern Lovely, Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style, Wow Me Wednesday at Gingersnap Crafts, From Dream to Reality at The DIY Dreamer, Its' a Party! at A Creative Princess, Show Off Your Stuff Party at Fireflies and Jellybeans, Look What I Made Wednesday at Creations by Kara, Create and Share at The Trendy Treehouse, A Little Bird Told Me Link Party at The Life of Jennifer Dawn, Oh What a Happy Day Link Party at Not Done Growing, The Project stash at 4 You with Love, Paint Party at Start at Home, Two Girls and a Party at Life with the Crust Off

Simply Creations Link Party at My Simple Homelife, Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed, Inspire Me Please Link Party at Liz Marie Blog, Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest, Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage, What Have You Redone at Redoux Interiors, Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home, Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove, Simple and Sweet Fridays at Rooted inThyme, Be Inspired at Common Ground, Faunt It Friday at Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Frugalicious Friday at Finding Fabulous, Fabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer Rizzo, Show and Tell Friday at Romantic Home, Junkin' Joe Vintage and Thrifty Finds at The Cottage Market, Weekend Wrap-Up Party at Tatertots and Jello, Shabbilicious Friday Link Party at Shabby Art Boutique, Tickled Pink at 504 Main, Anything Blue Friday at The Dedicated House, Rustic Restorations Weekend Link Party at Homespun Happenings,  Great Idea Thursdays at A Handful of Everything, One Sharendipity Place at The T2 Women Blog

2 comments:

  1. Bbeautiful project. Thanks for sharing the idea.

    Blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise!
    What a cute project. That gives me a great idea for my new daughter in law. She loves all things burlap and chicken wire - Thanks for sharing,
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover