Friday, September 13, 2013

Bundt Pan Punkin'

I must a have thing for vintage bundt pans because I always seem to have 1 or 2 lying around the house. Good thing I do, too, because I love my new little punkin'!
got to thinking about pumpkins after I put together my autumn vignette and this little project came to mind! This was a yellow bundt pan to begin with. I have a few in the house right now (like I already said, I may have a small problem...) but I liked the fancy curvy edges on this one and I thought the yellow would be a great base color, too!

I started by painting on some ASCP in Barcelona Orange. Over that, I added American Paint Company's Tumbleweed in a dry-brush fashion. I think it gave this bundt pan a pretty realistic looking pumpkinish appearance!   
Next up was a rusty old, spring-like piece of wire I had picked up at work probably about a year ago. I just knew one day it would be perfect for something! It makes a pretty great pumpkin stem. All I did was use some E6000 glue (with a tiny bit of orange paint mixed in so the white glue wouldn't be so visible) on the wire to secure it to the hole in the bundt pan.
Next I cut some twine. I rubbed some Mod Podge on each piece and wrapped them around a pencil, taping the ends (because holding them on the pencil would be somewhat time-consuming and ridiculous! I tried that first, so I would know. lol). I scooched the twine around a bit as it was drying so it wouldn't actually adhere to the pencil. After it dried, my twine was nice and curly, like vines! Then I simply tied them onto the wire.
Next I painted a small piece of drop cloth with CeCe Caldwell Emerald Isle (because it was within arms reach and I was feeling lazy. It was very early in the morning, people, so don't judge!) Any old acrylic paint would have worked just as well, though. I cut out a few leaves from the drop cloth I had painted once it dried. I added a little Kentucky Mint over the Emerald after that, just to give the leaves some depth. Then I adhered them to the vines with E6000 (again, it was within reach. lol)

It was a pretty simple project and a number of things could be used for the stem if you don't have a curly piece of wire hanging around your house like I did. I'm really happy with how this project turned out. I wasn't sure at first, but I love it now!
Head on over and like our facebook page here.
Follow me on Pinterest with this link.
To get all the latest posts through bloglovin', just click this.
New followers and comments absolutely make my day! :)
'Till next time!
post signature
Everyone loves a good party!
Check my project out along with other great inspiration, at these great blogs...
Autumn Abounds Party
Primp Your Pumpkin Party at Fox Hollow Cottage

Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard SeedInspire Me Please Link Party at Liz Marie BlogFrugal Friday at The Shabby NestFeathered Nest Friday at French Country CottageWhat Have You Redone at Redoux InteriorsHome Sweet Home at The Charm of HomeThrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty GrooveSimple and Sweet Fridays at Rooted inThymeBe Inspired at Common GroundFabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer RizzoShow and Tell Friday at Romantic HomeJunkin' Joe Vintage and Thrifty Finds at The Cottage MarketLink Party Palooza at Tatertots and JelloShabbilicious Friday Link Party at Shabby Art BoutiqueTickled Pink at 504 MainFriday's Five Features at DIY Vintage ChicCreate Inspire at A Night Owl BlogCraft Frenzy Friday at Craft DictatorFriday Link Party at The Pin JunkieBest of the Weekend at A Little ClaireificationDIY Weekend at Mr and Mrs WinslettFriday Link Party at The Pin Junkie
Pin It button on image hover