Monday, September 15, 2014

From Drab to Fab Bookcase Makeover

Drab to Fab Bookcase Makeover from Denise on a Whim
I've been on a furniture painting frenzy lately!
Truth is, it was necessary as my stock was pretty much non-existent.
And that is not good when you have a booth to fill and shows coming up!
Today's project is a cute little bookcase.
I snagged this bookcase a couple weeks ago at a yard sale.
My boss's parents (who are all about the sales!)
came into the shop I work at and told me
I needed to check out a sale just down the street.
Boring Garage Sale Find gets New Life from Denise on a Whim
Of course, I listened to their advice!
It's good to have connections! :)
Turquoise, Coral and Red Makeover from Denise on a Whim
It turns out, this couple had bought a foreclosure house.
The previous tenant had been a certified pack rat.
And had left EVERYTHING.
They were cleaning house.
And I scored!
Coral Feet with Turquoise and Red on a Bookcase Makeover from Denise on a Whim
With it's simple, clean lines,
(and horrible olive-green finish)
this girl needed a little character!
Once Olive Green. Now Colorful and Cheery!
I snapped this grainy picture at night with my camera phone.
But it gives you an idea of the awful color that was on this piece!
I had already added some white to it here.
The Original Olive Green Drab Finish
I painted the entire bookcase with one coat of white chalk paint.
Then I added Santa Fe Turquoise on the outside.
Emperor's Silk Annie Sloan Chalk Paint / Denise on a Whim
After using a coral and red combination last week
 on the Little Round Table I rescued,
I knew it would give this girl just the right amount of character, too!
Coral Reef American Paint Company Chalk Paint / Denise on a Whim
So I painted the top and bottom shelves in red
and the middle shelf in coral.
Coral and Red Painted on the Inside of a Bookcase from Denise on a Whim
Now, instead of drab,
she's bright, cheery
and beautiful!
Pretty Turquoise with Coral and Red on a Bookcase Makeover from Denise on a Whim
It was a simple makeover for a simple piece,
but I love the look of this one!
Drab to Fab Bookcase Makeover from Denise on a Whim

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover