I asked a friend of mine to cut some log slices for me a short time ago.
When I got a pile of them, these misshapen logs reminded me of reindeer.
The rings in the logs had naturally formed a nose so I saw it pretty easily.
I thought I'd try it out and I love them!
I decided to try using twigs for the antlers,
to keep everything natural.
Also, I had a pile of twigs in my house from when I made my twig stars.
I went ahead and broke apart a twig to use for the base of each antler.
Then I drilled a hole large enough for the 2 base twigs in the top of the log slice.
I used Gorilla Glue to attach the base twigs and let it dry.
Then I broke apart smaller pieces of twig to put together the antlers.
After the Gorilla Glue dried (and, of course, expanded!)
I painted the white glue in Chestnut to disguise it.
It worked great and you can hardly tell the glue is there.
Next I simply painted a big red nose and two oval eyes onto the log slice.
I just can't get over how stinking cute they are!
Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!