Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Sweet Little Sewing Cabinet

 Today's post will be short and sweet.
Mostly because I'm busy this week at our county fair and every time I sit down to write a post, I get interrupted. Fair week is a crazy-busy-fun week, that's for sure!

This little sewing stand was green when we got it. It was in very good shape, but I just didn't care for the shade of green.
 So I painted it with CeCe Caldwell Virginia Chestnut.
 Then I added some American Paint Company's Tumbleweed.
 I really like the two colors together and the way they make it look old and a little worn.
Here is the tray on the inside, in Tumbleweed, with some cute vintage buttons and pretty spools of thread.
 Just looking at this makes me wish I could sew well.
But my only real sewing skills are buttons.
I need to learn how to use the sewing machine, or at least thread it so I can use it! :)
Because it matched the stand so well, I got out my mom's old sewing bag, one of the things I kept after cleaning the house out a few years ago.
And look what I found inside... some vintage pattern books that my mom had. 
I always find the most interesting things when I'm putting together a display for photos. 

That's it for today. Hope you all have a great one! For me, it's back to the hectic schedule of the fair... 

Head on over and like our facebook page here.
Follow me on Pinterest with this link.
To get all the latest posts through bloglovin', just click this.
New followers and comments absolutely make my day! :)

Everyone loves a good party!
Check my project out along with other great inspiration, at these great blogs...

One Project at a Time at A Bowl Full of Lemons, Transformation Tuesday at The Ironstone Nest, Monday Funday at Creatively Living, Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm, The Scoop at Cedar Hill Ranch, Project Inspired{d}at Cupcakes and Crinoline, You're Gonna Love It at Kathe with an E, Transformed Tuesdays at PJH Designs, Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House, Take a Look Tuesday at Sugar Bee Crafts, Primp Your Stuff Wednesday at Primp Junktion, Be Inspired at Elizabeth and Co, Pretty Things Link Party at twelveOeight, Time to Shine at A Diamond in the Stuff, Too Cute Tuesday at Funky Polkadot Giraffe, The Power of Paint Party at Domestically Speaking, Creatively Tuesday at The Rustic Pig, Show Me What You Got at Not Just a Housewife, Share It Link Party at The Winthrop Chronicles, Tasteful Tuesday at Naptime Creations, Tutorial Tuesday at Hope Studios, Trash 2 Treasure at Kammy's Korner, Fluster's Creative Muster Party at Fluster Buster, The Creative Spark at Clean and Scentsible, Tuesdays at Our Home at Our Home Away from Home, Homemade by You at Made to be a Momma, Trendy Tuesdays at Sweet Little Gals, Brag About It Tuesday at Bebetsy, Ginger Jamboree Link Party at Homemade Ginger

Wildly Original Link Party at I Gotta Create, Wow Us Wednesday at Family Home and Life, Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts, Whimsy Wednesday at Smart School House, What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants, Wednesday Whatsits at White Lights on Wednesday, What We Accomplished Wednesday at Green Willow Pond, Under $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket Fence, Show and Share at Southern Lovely, Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style, Wow Me Wednesday at Gingersnap Crafts, From Dream to Reality at The DIY Dreamer, Its' a Party! at A Creative Princess, Show Off Your Stuff Party at Fireflies and Jellybeans, Look What I Made Wednesday at Creations by Kara, Create and Share at The Trendy Treehouse, A Little Bird Told Me Link Party at The Life of Jennifer Dawn, Oh What a Happy Day Link Party at Not Done Growing,The Project stash at 4 You with Love, Paint Party at Start at Home, Two Girls and a Party at Life with the Crust Off, Work It Wednesday at The Blissful Bee

Simply Creations Link Party at My Simple Homelife, Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed, Inspire Me Please Link Party at Liz Marie Blog, Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest, Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage, What Have You Redone at Redoux Interiors, Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home, Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove, Simple and Sweet Fridays at Rooted inThyme, Be Inspired at Common Ground, Faunt It Friday at Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Frugalicious Friday at Finding Fabulous, Fabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer Rizzo, Show and Tell Friday at Romantic Home, Junkin' Joe Vintage and Thrifty Finds at The Cottage Market, Weekend Wrap-Up Party at Tatertots and Jello, Shabbilicious Friday Link Party at Shabby Art Boutique, Tickled Pink at 504 Main, Anything Blue Friday at The Dedicated House, Rustic Restorations Weekend Link Party at Homespun Happenings,  Great Idea Thursdays at A Handful of Everything, One Sharendipity Place at The T2 Women Blog

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Nice! This is a powerful story for me. Thanks a lot for sharing with us! go now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how this site keeps things simple. It's not cluttered with unnecessary elements. www.drywallsurreybc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The accessibility of such valuable information is fantastic; your tips are appreciated.
    concretecontractorsnewbraunfelstx.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover