Thursday, July 9, 2015

Grab Your Coat Hook Board

Rustic Hook Board from Denise on a Whim
I had every intention of writing a nice long post along with this new project
since I've been gone so long.
But, the truth is, I'm just a little too busy and tired to do just that.
So, instead, this will be a short post and I'll let the project do the talking.
I've been needing a new hook board near my door for a long time.
The plastic hooks from dollar store just weren't cutting it anymore!

So I picked up some 1x4 boards at the store and sawed them to just about the height of my window.
I used 2 other boards to attach them together on the front.
The hook board has a semi-framing system that way and I was happy to let the black screw heads show.
Rustic Hook Board from Denise on a Whim
I added 4 single hooks and 3 double hooks on the bottom, right under the second cross board.
Lots of room to hang things with all those hooks and that's exactly what we needed!
Rustic Hook Board from Denise on a Whim
Then, of course, because I'm me and I love words, I added some lettering.
Seemed appropriate for a hook board by my door :)
Rustic Hook Board with a Fun Quote from Denise on a Whim
It works out perfectly for us and I'm so glad I got around to making something for myself again!

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover