Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Quick, Rustic Valentine Project




This cute little project was made with recycled pallet wood, some stain, paint and a handy-dandy stencil. I love stencils! So glad I have access to make them out of my own artwork to use on whatever my little heart desires! :) 



Eric had originally cut the base as a shelf project. But the more I looked at it, the more I thought it would be cool as a decoration to sit on a shelf, instead of the other way around. So I asked him to make me some wood blocks. I absolutely love the wood he chose for those, by the way. It really has some character to it! :)


I stained the wood, cut a stencil and painted the blocks in my favorite color... teal blue. Any shade of it will do. I so, so, so love it! I then gave the back a little wash of it, too. 


And there you have it. Easy-peasy and so rustic. I only wish I had a mantle to put these little projects on! Oh well... maybe one day!

I'm sharing this post at The Gunny Sack, The Rustic Pig and Thrifty Decor Chick, Ginger Snap Crafts, 4 You With Love, The DIY Dreamer and Southern Lovely. :)



TDC Before and After



The DIY Dreamer
White Lights on Wednesdays
Rooted In Thyme

Liz Marie Blog
Pin It button on image hover