Monday, February 25, 2013

A Cola Kind of Weekend

If you know me, you know I'm a major coke addict. Coca-Cola that is! I have been for awhile and, even though I know it isn't good for me, I can't help myself. It's my not-so-secret indulgence. :)

For quite some time now, I've been seeing pins for the chocolate cola cake. I pinned it quite some time ago but hadn't tried it yet. Until this past weekend... 

I must admit, I'm not a big chocolate lover. Chocolate just doesn't do it for me so much. But I do love a really good cake. And, as already established, Coke. And the pictures of this cake just looked so darn good! So I decided to give it a try. 

It really couldn't have been any easier to make. You should copy the recipe I used because you SO need to try this cake! It was very dense and soooooo moist! It feels more like a brownie than a cake and the glaze is very rich. But the flavor is incredible! If you like chocolate at all, you should make this cake at least once! Mmmm-mmmm-good!

In addition to the cola cake, I also used cherry cola for our main dish. I just love the crock pot. So easy and meat always come out so tender. For our dish, I threw 4 chicken breasts, 1 jar of barbeque sauce, 1/2 a can of cherry cola and a 1/2 cup of brown sugar into the crock pot for about 5 hours. Yum! I'm not a huge fan of bbq sauce myself, but this was a really flavorful combination! My daughter ate it right up. (My son, well, he's a lot harder to please!) But Eric and I liked it a lot, too. And what does a 5 year old picky-pete know about good food anyway! lol

Sorry about the grainy pic of the cake I took with my phone. I was more worried about trying these dishes than taking any pictures for the blog. Oh well. Chances are, I'll be making this again and, maybe, I'll remember a pic next time! (If I'm not too busy thinking about how good the cake will taste when it's done!)


Pin It button on image hover