Monday, March 21, 2016

Mason Jar Kitchen Canisters

I love Mason jars just as much as the next vintage-loving girl.
And, of course, I have a small collection of them at home.
I finally decided to give them a permanent home in my kitchen as canisters.
As you may know, I've been updating my kitchen lately.
I began my kitchen decor transformation with my new Vintage Inspired Soap Station.
Check it out if you haven't already because I think you'll enjoy it!

As for my new canisters, well I just love this area of my kitchen now, too!
I used 3 Mason jars, 2 for sugar and one for macaroni.
I love that one has a galvanized lid and the other 2 have glass clamp-on lids.
Sometimes small variations add a nice touch and give your decor a warmer, homier feeling! 
I purchased one canister from World Market.
I loved the vintage-style ribbed glass and simply couldn't resist!
I designed labels for each canister and tied them on the glass jars with bakers twine.
I designed the labels with a vintage flare.
They're fun and remind me of an old mercantile when I look at them.
I even added Grand River Mercantile onto the labels to make them seem more authentic.
(That's our street name so it adds a touch of personalization, too!)

The addition of a dark-stained thrift store cutting board behind the canisters adds some warmth to all the glass. And I love the worn look of it!
I placed a few measuring cups and spoons in a berry basket next to the canisters to add a little more vintage wood into the area.
Next to my canisters, sits my updated Mason Jar Spice Rack.
I'll be sharing more of that with you this week.
But here's a sneak peak!
Hope you'll stop back to see the rest of my kitchen updates!

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!
post signature
Pin It button on image hover