Thursday, June 7, 2012

A List a Mile Long


It's already Thankful Thursday again here on my blog. Just where does the time go? It sure seems to get away from me these days. So much to do and not enough time in the day to take care of it all. I bet you all understand where I'm coming from, now don't you? :)

I've been thinking a lot this morning of what I wanted to write about today. But, you know what? I can't seem to pinpont any one specific thing. Maybe it's a product of having too much on my mind and my plate to focus on any one thing. Or maybe it's just because there are so many things to be thankful for. But, whatever the reason, I've decided not to choose one but, rather, to make a big, fat list of things that make me smile. If there's one thing I'm always thankful for, it's having things to smile about. These things totally do it for me...

Driving down backroads, windows down, music up, fresh air blowing in. Beautifully sad songs. Catchy fun songs. Dancing when no one's watching. Dancing around with my kids (especially when they copy my moves, because it's super-hilarious). An unexpected compliment. The way my son is curious about absolutely everything right now. That my daughter tells me I'm the best mom ever. When my boyfriend says something that completely catches me off guard. Sinful Colors nail polish in Be Happy on my toenails. Tank top weather. Days at the pool. That I can wear a swimming suit and not feel so self-conscious anymore. Feeling respected. Love, unconditional. Bidding on auction items and winning something for a steal. That my car is still getting me where I need to go. Drinking coffee on the deck at 6am with the sun up. Wearing aqua eyeshadow. Wearing no make-up at all when I feel like it. That my son will, out of the blue, tell me he likes spending time with me. A long soak in the tub. Sitting on my deck at twilight with Adele playing in the background. Singers who write their own music. Losing track of time with a good book. A great nap every now and then. A new hairstyle. Writing a blog. The wired-up, crazy moods I sometimes find myself in. Giggling, hysterically, about nothing. Good memories of people you miss. Morning cuddles with my kids. Getting a ton of stuff accomplished before 9am. Loud Belches. Finding awesome stuff at barn sales and flea markets. Wildflowers. Having kids that love to read and create things. Poetry. Being in love. Fingers running through my hair.

There's really plenty more things that make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. I think I could go on and on. But it's your turn now. What makes you smile? Do you appreciate those things as often as you should? How about you make your own mile long list today. I guarantee it will give you a better outlook, if nothing else. Surely can't hurt to give it a try. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover