Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Just Like the Movies



Okay. I admit it. I am definitely one of those girls who really gets into silly, romantic movies. You know, the kind where the people are absolutely perfect for each other, they go through some struggle or major catastrophe that keeps them apart, and then end up together at the end, complete with that hollywood kiss. Is it just me, or do you sometimes find yourself almost walking in that lead character's shoes, feeling all of her emotions, including the heartache and then the ultimate elation when she gets her man? Noooo... It can't be just me. I mean, there's a reason these movies make so much money, after all. They suck you in. They make you believe.

Well, all of that is just hollywood. Great locations with beautiful views, witty screenwriting, great background music to set the mood. Real life doesn't exactly come with mood music and a script. So, it isn't quite as glamorous. But still, I've always kind of had my head in the clouds. There has always been a part of me that really believed love could be just like it is in the movies. Specifically the part where you meet that one perfect person. Maybe even have a real moment or two. You know, the kind where you look into each other's eyes and feel that connection when you first meet. The kind when you suddenly just know that this is the one person you were made for. Ahhh... true hollywood romanticism at its greatest.

I'm obviously just a big, old romantic at heart. Always been that way really. But I lost sight of that for a good long time. I ended up in a place where romance was something I became uncomfortable with. Sure, I could still live vicariously through those sappy movies and a great love story I read. But I didn't believe in it anymore. Not for any practical purposes anyway. It became make-believe. Fiction. A delightful little fantasy that I knew I would never really experience...

And then I met someone. That one person who is so incredibly perfect for me. The one who makes me smile and laugh. Someone who actually shows me just how much he loves me every single day. He just so happens to match my humor and sarcasm to a tee. Heck, sometimes he even outsmarts me in the wise-ass department! :) When I look into his eyes, I know we'll have a happy life together. No doubts. Just like in the movies.

It took a while for me to get comfortable in this new situation. I mean, it was too good to be true, so I really didn't buy it at first. He actually had to do a lot of convincing for me to come around. For pete's sake, I was so unaccustomed to romance that  I even let out a huge, nervous chuckle the first time he told me he loved me. (I know...poor guy! And don't be mad I told, Eric. I'm just trying to be completely honest here. Lol)

But now, I'm back. The mushy, romantic, I-believe-in-love kind of girl with a few stars in her eyes and hearts swirling around her head. Well, you can't actually see the hearts, but I'm pretty sure they're there. :) And I realize something... I was right all along! Amazing, movie-type romances really can happen! You really can get lost in someone's eyes and fall head-over-heels in love. I always knew it. Now I wonder why I ever doubted it. I'm thankful every single day that I found someone who proved me right and got my head back up in those clouds. :)

2 comments:

  1. :) You did find your perfect "someone". I am so happy for you two, but you already knew that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know who this is. Just says anonymous! So I'm not sure if I already knew you were happy for me or not. lol :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover