Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Peacock Table

Transformed table via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
I finally got around to painting this little neglected end table and I'm loving the results!
If I'm being honest with you, this table has never appealed to me. It's been sitting in my garage for over a year now because of it. I really, really wish I would have taken a before photo of it so you could see how unappealing it was. It was a drab brown and I hated that it has faux drawers. I like real drawers, not fake ones, for pete's sake!
A little chalk paint goes a long way! via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
Now, if I take my honesty to the next level, I'll have to tell you that the only reason I got this out of my garage is because it was the only thing I could get to. And I kid you not! I figured I'd better get to working on some furniture projects or I wouldn't be able to step one foot into my garage soon. It's an awful mess in there...
Adding paint can transform something you hate into something you love via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
So I got out this table that I really didn't like and started painting. I began with Beckley Coal from CeCe Caldwell.
Beckley Coal Chalk Paint on an end table via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
Then I added a little Treasure Box onto the top and the front. It's a limited edition color from American Paint Company and I love it! Once I added that, I started to like the table just a little bit...
Treasure Box from American Paint Company via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
And when I added Peacock (another American Paint Company color) onto the petals, that's when my love affair began.
American Paint Company's Peacock on an end table trasnformation via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
I added more Peacock to the inset areas on the front and along the sides of the top.
American Paint Company's Peacock via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
I dry brushed some on the top.
Dry-brushing on the top of a table trasnformation via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
Then I did some light distressing with a damp cloth.
Light distressing on the edges of an end table via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
And, then I was all the way in love.
Transformed and ready for photos via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
So much in love that I decided to place my favorite vintage book on the table for photos.
American Paint Company's Peacock and Treasure Box with Light Distressing via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
A well-worn copy of Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman that I found at an estate sale.
Vintage copy of Leaves of Grass via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
I almost never find an amazing book like this, the lovely verses of a great American Poet, for a price I can afford.
Vintage copy of Leaves of Grass with sun-faded binding via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
This story just goes to show you that a coat of paint can transform even your worst piece of furniture... 
A beautiful end table transformation via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
and turn it into something you love!

I'd love it if you keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!
post signature
Sharing at these great blog parties...
That DIY Party at DIY Showoff, Give Me the Goods Party at Rain on a Tin Roof, Monday Funday at Creatively Living, Inspiration Monday at twelveOeight, The Scoop at Cedar Hill Ranch, Project Inspired{d}at Cupcakes and Crinoline, Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House, The Power of Paint Party at Domestically Speaking, Fluster's Creative Muster Party at Fluster Buster, Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm, Brag About It Tuesday at Bebetsy, Knick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time Interiors, Whimsy Wednesday at Smart School House, Under $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket Fence, Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style, From Dream to Reality at The DIY Dreamer, Work It Wednesday at The Blissful Bee, Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life, Catch As Catch Can at My Repurposed Life, Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed, Inspire Me Please Link Party at Liz Marie Blog, Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest, Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage, What Have You Redone at Redoux Interiors, Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove, Simple and Sweet Fridays at Rooted inThyme, Be Inspired at Common Ground, Fabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer Rizzo, Show and Tell Friday at Romantic Home, Junkin' Joe Vintage and Thrifty Finds at The Cottage Market, Link Party Palooza at Tatertots and Jello, Tickled Pink at 504 Main, Best of the Weekend at A Little Claireification, Saturday Show and Tell at Cheerios and Lattes, Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors, A Bouquet of Talent Party at Life on Lakeshore Drive, DIY Showcase Party at Minette's Maze, Share It One More Time at One More Time Events

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover