Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Oh, What Love Can Do!

You may remember our Card Catalog Inpsired Table. If not, we'd love for you to check it out. But. long story short, before that was an eight-drawer table, it just a simple cubby bin. We actually flipped it sideways from what was intended to be the top in order to make the table. Well, it had this piece of wood on the top that we removed.

Now, it's this pretty little sign!
I just love making signs for our business.
What can I say...
I'm a sign maker by day so I guess it spills over into the evening as well. :) I enjoy designing pretty little signs without any restrictions put on my by the customer. These signs are all my handy work. I think that's why I enjoy them so much. 
 This little piece of wood was a dark color, not quite green and not quite brown. Pretty much mud! I liked the look of the wood and the way it was weathered and chipping a little on the edges. So I decided to work with the color.

I painted some Ce Ce Caldwell's Traverse City Cherry over the original color.
I immediately fell in love!
Once it was dry, I applied my vinyl stencil and began painting the love part of the lettering with Santa Fe Turquoise. I decided to use a different color on the rest because I wanted the 2nd part of the saying to stand out from the first part. So I used Johnston Daffodil on the other lettering and then on the flowers. Once dry, I simply dry-brushed some Turquoise over the Daffodil to give the flowers a softer look.
I couldn't have been happier when I took the stencil off!
This is one of my favorites :)
Hope you've enjoyed it as well!

If you haven't liked our facebook page yet, you can do that here.
And you can follow me on Pinterest with this link.
To get my new posts at bloglovin', just click this.
Getting new followers and comments absolutely makes my day! :)


Everyone loves a good party!
Check my project out along with other great inspiration, at these great blogs...

One Project at a Time at A Bowl Full of LemonsTransformation Tuesday at The Ironstone NestMonday Funday at Creatively LivingNifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal CharmThe Scoop at Cedar Hill RanchProject Inspired{d}at Cupcakes and CrinolineYou're Gonna Love It at Kathe with an ETransformed Tuesdays at PJH DesignsTweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little HouseTake a Look Tuesday at Sugar Bee CraftsPrimp Your Stuff Wednesday at Primp JunktionBe Inspired at Elizabeth and CoPretty Things Link Party at twelveOeightTime to Shine at A Diamond in the StuffToo Cute Tuesday at Funky Polkadot GiraffeThe Power of Paint Party at Domestically SpeakingCreatively Tuesday at The Rustic PigShow Me What You Got at Not Just a HousewifeShare It Link Party at The Winthrop ChroniclesTasteful Tuesday at Naptime CreationsTutorial Tuesday at Hope StudiosTrash 2 Treasure at Kammy's KornerFluster's Creative Muster Party at Fluster BusterThe Creative Spark at Clean and ScentsibleTuesdays at Our Home at Our Home Away from HomeHomemade by You at Made to be a MommaTrendy Tuesdays at Sweet Little Gals

Wildly Original Link Party at I Gotta CreateWow Us Wednesday at Family Home and LifeWhatever Goes Wednesday at Someday CraftsWhimsy Wednesday at Smart School HouseWhat's It Wednesday at Ivy and ElephantsWednesday Whatsits at White Lights on WednesdayWhat We Accomplished Wednesday at Green Willow PondUnder $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket FenceShow and Share at Southern LovelyWow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern StyleWow Me Wednesday at Gingersnap CraftsFrom Dream to Reality at The DIY DreamerIts' a Party! at A Creative PrincessShow Off Your Stuff Party at Fireflies and JellybeansLook What I Made Wednesday at Creations by KaraCreate and Share at The Trendy TreehouseA Little Bird Told Me Link Party at The Life of Jennifer DawnOh What a Happy Day Link Party at Not Done Growing

Simply Creations Link Party at My Simple HomelifeFurniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard SeedInspire Me Please Link Party at Liz Marie BlogFrugal Friday at The Shabby NestFeathered Nest Friday at French Country CottageWhat Have You Redone at Redoux InteriorsHome Sweet Home at The Charm of HomeThrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty GrooveSimple and Sweet Fridays at Rooted inThymeBe Inspired at Common GroundFaunt It Friday at Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingFrugalicious Friday at Finding FabulousFabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer RizzoShow and Tell Friday at Romantic HomeJunkin' Joe Vintage and Thrifty Finds at The Cottage MarketWeekend Wrap-Up Party at Tatertots and JelloShabbilicious Friday Link Party at Shabby Art BoutiqueTickled Pink at 504 MainAnything Blue Friday at The Dedicated HouseRustic Restorations Weekend Link Party at Homespun Happenings,  Great Idea Thursdays at A Handful of Everything

17 comments:

  1. Love me some Bon Jovi...and love your sign! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, it's so pretty! I can't get over what vinyl stencils can do! lovely! Little Bit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this sign! It's simple, it's bold, and the message is fabulous! I need to get some vinyl stencils! :) Krista @ A Handful of Everything

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this!

    I would love for you to link up to my TGIF Link Party!

    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-peek-into-my-paradise-tgif-link-party.html

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Newest follower here :) Angela @ HickoryTrail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from Monday Funday. I'd like to invite you to my Friday Flash Blog, where you can share your best blog entry of the week! The party goes on ALL weekend at thejennyevolution.com. And who knows, you may just get featured next week.

    Jennifer
    thejennyevolution.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love it! You did a great job. Thank you so much for sharing with us at A Bouquet of Talent this week. So thrilled to have you share with us. Happy Friday!!
    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing this at A Peek Into Paradise TGIF Link Party. I hope you will come party with us next week and see if you were featured! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/

    Have a great week! Hugs! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought a bunch of wood at a yard sale today - and perhaps will buy the leftovers tomorrow. I didn't actually buy my three pieces today, the guy gave it to me. Nice guy! (And I think he wants to get rid of the rest of the wood.)

    I had thought I would make some mixed media pieces but now that I see what you've done with this adorable sign, I'm going to keep my options open!

    I'm going to follow you on Bloglovin'. I'm new there and need to figure it out but wow, you had me at "card catalog table" - I love card catalogues. I miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your sign, so cute!! Congratulations, I featured it this week at Sew-Licious Home Decor. Thanks so much for sharing it!

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sign is so awesome! Congrats on getting it featured!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sign is beautiful. I really LOVE the saying.

    Also thank you for linking it up at Crafty Thursday Obsessions. Us girls decided you will be featured this week. Hope you stop by again, check it out and linkup with us!

    -Stacey
    Gluedtomycrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks great! Thank you for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a sweet sign, Denise - love the colors and the quote! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the colors, and love the sentiment... how true

    gail

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover