Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Sweet Little Sewing Cabinet

 Today's post will be short and sweet.
Mostly because I'm busy this week at our county fair and every time I sit down to write a post, I get interrupted. Fair week is a crazy-busy-fun week, that's for sure!

This little sewing stand was green when we got it. It was in very good shape, but I just didn't care for the shade of green.
 So I painted it with CeCe Caldwell Virginia Chestnut.
 Then I added some American Paint Company's Tumbleweed.
 I really like the two colors together and the way they make it look old and a little worn.
Here is the tray on the inside, in Tumbleweed, with some cute vintage buttons and pretty spools of thread.
 Just looking at this makes me wish I could sew well.
But my only real sewing skills are buttons.
I need to learn how to use the sewing machine, or at least thread it so I can use it! :)
Because it matched the stand so well, I got out my mom's old sewing bag, one of the things I kept after cleaning the house out a few years ago.
And look what I found inside... some vintage pattern books that my mom had. 
I always find the most interesting things when I'm putting together a display for photos. 

That's it for today. Hope you all have a great one! For me, it's back to the hectic schedule of the fair... 

Head on over and like our facebook page here.
Follow me on Pinterest with this link.
To get all the latest posts through bloglovin', just click this.
New followers and comments absolutely make my day! :)

Everyone loves a good party!
Check my project out along with other great inspiration, at these great blogs...

One Project at a Time at A Bowl Full of LemonsTransformation Tuesday at The Ironstone NestMonday Funday at Creatively LivingNifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal CharmThe Scoop at Cedar Hill RanchProject Inspired{d}at Cupcakes and CrinolineYou're Gonna Love It at Kathe with an ETransformed Tuesdays at PJH DesignsTweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little HouseTake a Look Tuesday at Sugar Bee CraftsPrimp Your Stuff Wednesday at Primp JunktionBe Inspired at Elizabeth and CoPretty Things Link Party at twelveOeightTime to Shine at A Diamond in the StuffToo Cute Tuesday at Funky Polkadot GiraffeThe Power of Paint Party at Domestically SpeakingCreatively Tuesday at The Rustic PigShow Me What You Got at Not Just a HousewifeShare It Link Party at The Winthrop ChroniclesTasteful Tuesday at Naptime CreationsTutorial Tuesday at Hope StudiosTrash 2 Treasure at Kammy's KornerFluster's Creative Muster Party at Fluster BusterThe Creative Spark at Clean and ScentsibleTuesdays at Our Home at Our Home Away from HomeHomemade by You at Made to be a MommaTrendy Tuesdays at Sweet Little GalsBrag About It Tuesday at BebetsyGinger Jamboree Link Party at Homemade Ginger

Wildly Original Link Party at I Gotta CreateWow Us Wednesday at Family Home and LifeWhatever Goes Wednesday at Someday CraftsWhimsy Wednesday at Smart School HouseWhat's It Wednesday at Ivy and ElephantsWednesday Whatsits at White Lights on WednesdayWhat We Accomplished Wednesday at Green Willow PondUnder $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket FenceShow and Share at Southern LovelyWow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern StyleWow Me Wednesday at Gingersnap CraftsFrom Dream to Reality at The DIY DreamerIts' a Party! at A Creative PrincessShow Off Your Stuff Party at Fireflies and JellybeansLook What I Made Wednesday at Creations by KaraCreate and Share at The Trendy TreehouseA Little Bird Told Me Link Party at The Life of Jennifer DawnOh What a Happy Day Link Party at Not Done Growing,The Project stash at 4 You with LovePaint Party at Start at HomeTwo Girls and a Party at Life with the Crust OffWork It Wednesday at The Blissful Bee

Simply Creations Link Party at My Simple HomelifeFurniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard SeedInspire Me Please Link Party at Liz Marie BlogFrugal Friday at The Shabby NestFeathered Nest Friday at French Country CottageWhat Have You Redone at Redoux InteriorsHome Sweet Home at The Charm of HomeThrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty GrooveSimple and Sweet Fridays at Rooted inThymeBe Inspired at Common GroundFaunt It Friday at Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingFrugalicious Friday at Finding FabulousFabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer RizzoShow and Tell Friday at Romantic HomeJunkin' Joe Vintage and Thrifty Finds at The Cottage MarketWeekend Wrap-Up Party at Tatertots and JelloShabbilicious Friday Link Party at Shabby Art BoutiqueTickled Pink at 504 MainAnything Blue Friday at The Dedicated HouseRustic Restorations Weekend Link Party at Homespun Happenings,  Great Idea Thursdays at A Handful of EverythingOne Sharendipity Place at The T2 Women Blog

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Nice! This is a powerful story for me. Thanks a lot for sharing with us! go now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how this site keeps things simple. It's not cluttered with unnecessary elements. www.drywallsurreybc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The accessibility of such valuable information is fantastic; your tips are appreciated.
    concretecontractorsnewbraunfelstx.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover