Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chippy Window Memo Board


We recently got our hands on a bunch of free old windows like this one. So far I've only used 2 single pane windows with broken glass from the bunch. One I used as a frame for a vintage print I made at work. This one I turned into a memo board with just some drop cloth, paint and jute string. 

You may remember the Chicken Wire Memo Board I showed you last month. I made this project over the same weekend. Same basic concept, but different supplies.
I had some leftover drop cloth from some signs I had made with a bunch of vintage frames so I cut it to size. I used CeCe Caldwell Virginia Chestnut to paint the grain sack stripes on the fabric (after masking off the area with tape to get a straight line).
Before attaching the cloth to the back of the window with my staple gun, I attached jute string in a criss-cross pattern, being sure to pull the string as taut as possible before stapling to the sides of the window. I also attached 2 vertical pieces toward the sides. After that, it was just a matter of stapling the drop cloth to the back of the window. Easy project but super cute (at least I think so). But, then again, old windows usually are! :)
If you haven't liked our facebook page yet, you can do that here.
And you can follow me on Pinterest with this link.
To get my new posts at bloglovin', just click this.
New followers and comments absolutely make my day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover