Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Coffee for Two Bistro Set

Lovely set of vintage wooden folding chairs and slotted table via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
I love sitting on the deck, great cup of coffee in hand, enjoying the very early morning sunlight on a warm summer day. I can almost feel the slight breeze and the sun's warmth on my shoulders. That time of morning before the humidity creeps in and everything is still quiet is my favorite. I think these new chairs and table are the perfect spot to relax at, just soaking it all in before the kids wake up and the day officially starts.
But I'll pull myself out of this tiny reverie I've found myself in. It was only 8 degrees here this morning and there's so much snow on the ground it's not funny. We had a record month in January for the amount of snow on the ground. I'm not surprised by that fact at all. But it has to come to an end eventually, right? And when it does, I can just imagine sitting in one of these chairs enjoying it so very much!
Coffee bistro set with vintage wooden folding chairs via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
I found some wonderful wooden folding chairs at a yard sale last summer. They were in very good condition. Just really dirty. But that's pretty typical with the stuff we find!
Vintage wooden folding chair via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
At another yard sale, I found 2 of these wooden folding tables. They're not vintage. World Market, actually. One still had a tag on it. But I grabbed them because I thought they would be a great fit with the folding chairs. 
Slotted wooden table painted to match folding chairs to create a bistro set via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
After thoroughly cleaning the chairs, I painted them with Vintage White from CeCe Caldwell and Peacock from American Paint Company.
Vintage wooden folding chair painted in vintage white and peacock via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
I was careful to clean off the hardware with a cotton swab before it dried because I just loved the look of it and didn't want it covered up with paint.
Vintage wooden folding chairs with nicely patinaed hardware via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
I used a light coat of Peacock on the chair seats and backs so the old wood would show through. 
Vintage wooden folding chair painted in vintage white and peacock via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
I used the same color combination on the table, taping off an area for the Peacock to make it resemble the inset areas on the chair seats and backs. 
Wooden table and matching vintage chairs bistro set via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
If I had a place for this little set in my house right now, I would totally be using it! I think it's so cute! For now, I'll just have to daydream about sitting at the chair on my deck, out in the warm Michigan summer air.  
White and Teal Bistro Set from http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
{Please warm up soon. Please warm up soon.}


And please keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!
post signature

Sharing some warmth at these great blog parties...
That DIY Party at DIY ShowoffGive Me the Goods Party at Rain on a Tin RoofMonday Funday at Creatively LivingInspiration Monday at twelveOeightThe Scoop at Cedar Hill RanchProject Inspired{d}at Cupcakes and CrinolineTweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little HouseThe Power of Paint Party at Domestically SpeakingFluster's Creative Muster Party at Fluster BusterNifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal CharmBrag About It Tuesday at BebetsyKnick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time InteriorsWhimsy Wednesday at Smart School HouseUnder $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket FenceWow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern StyleFrom Dream to Reality at The DIY DreamerWork It Wednesday at The Blissful BeeHome and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome LifeCatch As Catch Can at My Repurposed LifeFurniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard SeedInspire Me Please Link Party at Liz Marie BlogFrugal Friday at The Shabby NestFeathered Nest Friday at French Country CottageWhat Have You Redone at Redoux InteriorsThrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty GrooveSimple and Sweet Fridays at Rooted inThymeBe Inspired at Common GroundFabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer RizzoShow and Tell Friday at Romantic HomeJunkin' Joe Vintage and Thrifty Finds at The Cottage MarketLink Party Palooza at Tatertots and JelloTickled Pink at 504 MainBest of the Weekend at A Little ClaireificationSaturday Show and Tell at Cheerios and LattesSaturday Nite Special at Funky Junk InteriorsA Bouquet of Talent Party at Life on Lakeshore DriveDIY Showcase Party at Minette's MazeShare It One More Time at One More Time Events

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover