Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cherished Memories Corkboard


We had this really great, detailed frame in the garage. I finally pulled it out and painted it. Using Annie Sloan™ Graphite, I painted the entire frame, then dry brushed some Duck Egg blue over the detailing, finishing it off with a coat of clear wax. 
Next, I cut some cork to size from a plain-jane corkboard we had sitting around and inserted/glued it into the back of the frame.
I added some simple blue ric-rac, painted a piece of chipboard I had on-hand with Graphite and used my trusty awl to put a hole in it. I inserted the cherished memories metal tag (another scrapbooking embellishment) into the hole, glued some pretty matching flowers on the chipboard and added a few vintage buttons and she was finished. 

I think she's awfully pretty now. Hope you do too! 

I would love it if you'd connect with me via bloglovin'facebookgoogle+pinterest, or hometalk!
Getting new followers and comments absolutely makes my day! :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I like the cork idea. I love the color and the design of the frame too. Your did good. I hope you and the family are having a great day! I'd love it if you stopped by to say hi if you get a moment.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover