Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Strawberries and Cream Farmhouse Cabinet

  I don't know if I've ever shared this with you all before, but I have a bit of a fixation with strawberries. My kitchen is full of them. Strawberry teapot. Shalt and pepper shakers. Towels. Scrubbie holder. Canisters. Knick knacks (as you can see in these photos). Wall decor.
Yep. I have a bit of a problem. :)
When we decided to take this old window and use it as a cabinet door , I didn't intend to go all strawberry with it. But once the chicken wire was attached, and the window was on the pallet wood cabinet Eric had made, it was the first thought that came to mind.
 It reminded me of a farmhouse and fresh strawberries. So I went with it. 
This is one of our early projects, but I wanted to share it with you since it's been hectic week for me, with the holiday and trying to prepare a whole bunch of projects for our upcoming craft show, and I haven't had a chance to get pictures of anything I've been working on.
And besides, this is one of my favorites
(yeah, that's probably because of the strawberry theme!)

Hope you've enjoyed!


If you haven't liked our facebook page yet, you can do that here.
And you can follow me on Pinterest with this link.
To get my new posts at bloglovin', just click this.
Getting new followers and comments absolutely makes my day! :)

Everyone loves a good party!
Check my project out along with other great inspiration, at these great blogs...

One Project at a Time at A Bowl Full of LemonsTransformation Tuesday at The Ironstone NestMonday Funday at Creatively LivingNifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal CharmThe Scoop at Cedar Hill RanchProject Inspired{d}at Cupcakes and CrinolineYou're Gonna Love It at Kathe with an ETransformed Tuesdays at PJH DesignsTweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little HouseTake a Look Tuesday at Sugar Bee CraftsPrimp Your Stuff Wednesday at Primp JunktionBe Inspired at Elizabeth and CoPretty Things Link Party at twelveOeightTime to Shine at A Diamond in the StuffToo Cute Tuesday at Funky Polkadot GiraffeThe Power of Paint Party at Domestically SpeakingCreatively Tuesday at The Rustic PigShow Me What You Got at Not Just a HousewifeShare It Link Party at The Winthrop ChroniclesTasteful Tuesday at Naptime CreationsTutorial Tuesday at Hope StudiosTrash 2 Treasure at Kammy's KornerFluster's Creative Muster Party at Fluster BusterThe Creative Spark at Clean and ScentsibleTuesdays at Our Home at Our Home Away from HomeHomemade by You at Made to be a MommaTrendy Tuesdays at Sweet Little GalsBrag About It Tuesday at Bebetsy

Wildly Original Link Party at I Gotta CreateWow Us Wednesday at Family Home and LifeWhatever Goes Wednesday at Someday CraftsWhimsy Wednesday at Smart School HouseWhat's It Wednesday at Ivy and ElephantsWednesday Whatsits at White Lights on WednesdayWhat We Accomplished Wednesday at Green Willow PondUnder $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket FenceShow and Share at Southern LovelyWow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern StyleWow Me Wednesday at Gingersnap CraftsFrom Dream to Reality at The DIY DreamerIts' a Party! at A Creative PrincessShow Off Your Stuff Party at Fireflies and JellybeansLook What I Made Wednesday at Creations by KaraCreate and Share at The Trendy TreehouseA Little Bird Told Me Link Party at The Life of Jennifer DawnOh What a Happy Day Link Party at Not Done Growing

Simply Creations Link Party at My Simple HomelifeFurniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard SeedInspire Me Please Link Party at Liz Marie BlogFrugal Friday at The Shabby NestFeathered Nest Friday at French Country CottageWhat Have You Redone at Redoux InteriorsHome Sweet Home at The Charm of HomeThrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty GrooveSimple and Sweet Fridays at Rooted inThymeBe Inspired at Common GroundFaunt It Friday at Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingFrugalicious Friday at Finding FabulousFabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer RizzoShow and Tell Friday at Romantic HomeJunkin' Joe Vintage and Thrifty Finds at The Cottage MarketWeekend Wrap-Up Party at Tatertots and JelloShabbilicious Friday Link Party at Shabby Art BoutiqueTickled Pink at 504 MainAnything Blue Friday at The Dedicated HouseRustic Restorations Weekend Link Party at Homespun Happenings,  Great Idea Thursdays at A Handful of EverythingOne Sharendipity Place at The T2 Women Blog

36 comments:

  1. I love the color inside--I could see it being perfect for so many projects!! Do you remember what paint/ what color you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alli. And, gosh, I really don't know the name of the color or brand of paint. It was an old can of paint that we had used for my daughter's room a few years back. And I don't have the can any longer. Wish I could help you out more...

      Delete
  2. I did enjoy! I did, I did! I'm always drawn to that color. I love that you were so bold as to use it on this. It's so fun!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! Love the colors you used! Thanks for linking with TTF this week!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cabinet Denise! I always like a bold color choice. That color just makes one happy!

    Have a beautiful weekend!
    Linda at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy for strawberries? I spent one month one summer removing strawberry everything from a friend's kitchen and dining room only to have her deiced to replace them with apples! I love the cabinet especially the wire door.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really neat. I just love anything that looks like it's old and from the farm. You did a great job with it. :)

    Saw on Frugal Fit Family.
    Gina
    http://www.ginascraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise your projects are always gorgeous!

    Goedele
    (Crafty Country Cottage Link Party)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! So glad you linked up with us at One Sharendipity Place this weekend! I love your designs and definitely want to feature this blog next week!!
    Sue @thet2women.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I host a weekly link party called "Seasonal Sundays". This week, in honor of my fourth blog-a-versary, I'm having a giveaway of a $100.00 gift certificate to HomeGoods/TJ Maxx. I'd love to have you join the fun!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable! Love the chicken wire!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great farm house cabinet, love that pink color and the chicken wire.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the look of your rustic cabinet, super creative. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! Such cute colors and style.

    New follower from A Sorta Fairytale - Please follow back www.chaoticcantrells.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your chicken wire in the door cabinet. Looks great with the red interior.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That.is.adorable! I love how it turned out & love the colors you used! Found you at The Dedicated House :)
    Blessings,
    Nicole

    http://coleyscraftingcorner.blogspot.com/2013/05/yellow-cubby-table-makeover.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute this cabinet turned out. I love things with chicken wire. Adorable!
    Have a wonderful week,
    Bev
    @ Eclectic Red Barn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very Cute!

    So glad you linked up with us at the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop.

    Sharon and Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it! What a fabulous cabinet to display your treasures in.... :)

    hugs x
    Crystelle
    Would love to have you join the
    HCG drops giveaway right here

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is great!! Love that the color in the color is different! Thanks for sharing on DIY Showcase!

    Shelly-Cohost
    minettesmaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. So so cute! I love this idea! Come link up to Centerpiece Wednesday linky party and share this post with us. http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2013/06/centerpiece-wednesday-and-wrap-up.html
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cabinet turned out beautiful! It was a great idea to add the chicken wire.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so darn cute I had to pin it. Love the chicken wire.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love it! So cute! Thank you for spreading JOY and sharing at the Oh What a HAPPY Day party.

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cute Denise! Thanks for sharing at Redoux

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much for sharing this cute project at Simple & Sweet Fridays. I love the Farmhouse look and the strawberries and creme paint are adorable!

    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE your cabinet. SO fun and rustic. I love the idea of using an old window to create this.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a really cool project! And it's PINK! love it. Visiting thru Adorned from Above.
    JoAnn @ sweetpepperrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. You and your post from last week have absolutely won us over, and we'll be featuring it this weekend at One Sharendipity Place!!
    sue @thet2women.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. So fabulous! You just keep them coming because we are LOVING THEM ALL!!!!! Hugs...TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So pretty! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very cute Denise! Sounds like you are very busy. Hope you get a breather soon :) Good luck on you craft show.

    Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the colors. Thanks for sharing on Fluster Buster's Creative Muster Party!

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is just so sweet! The colors are SO fun. You did a darling job on it. It's totally adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. It has been crazy in my corner of the world! It is supposed to be summer and light living right! Love this project - cool colors - I hope all goes well for your craft show! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover