Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Few Junky Office Accessories

Earlier this week, I showed you this old crate we made into a desktop organizer.
You can see that project here.
Today I'm going to share the accessories I made to go along with it. 
This little tiered organizer is made from a piece I sawed off an old chair leg (the aqua piece on the very top), part of a table leg (the orange part) and some metal kitchen molds (maybe?) that I picked up at our local thrift store. 
I always like the look of the tiered stands people make out of bundt pans and such. So when I saw these molds, I thought they would work great for a mini version! 

I painted the outside of the molds with Santa Fe Turquoise and used E6000 to adhere the bottom piece to the old table leg Eric had cut to size for me. The top was a little trickier. The spindle was not wide enough in diameter to glue the metal to it. So I made a trip to the hardware and found a rubber washer with the right inside diameter. Then I glued that to the spindle and the metal mold to the rubber washer. 
I then added some lettering...
You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. (Maya Angelou)
It's just printed off the laser jet onto regular paper, cut it and Mod Podged onto the metal. 

I figured a desk needs a pencil holder, right?
So I painted this tin can with Destin Gulf Green, added a pretty brown ribbon with aqua sequins and one of my leftover wire flowers from a previous project. 
This pencil holder looks so cute sitting there in our new pretty desktop organizer!

We also made an easel clipboard out of some leftover barn wood.
I'l be sharing that with you tomorrow so be sure to visit again:)


If you haven't liked our facebook page yet, you can do that here.
And you can follow me on Pinterest with this link.
To get my new posts at bloglovin', just click this.
Getting new followers and comments absolutely makes my day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love being crafty? These are so cute and i love that they are scuffed! I think they're cute. I hope your having a great Wednesday!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute ideas!! Love the color!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover