Thursday, May 2, 2013

Happy Birthday to My Blog!

I just realized that today is the actual birthday of my little blog.

Happy Birthday to Me! :)

Last year on May 2nd, for my very first post, I wrote about going to pick up a craigslist desk. 

Here's a pic of the desk when we picked it up.

This really was one of our first furniture purchases.
Not only was I just getting the blog going, but we had only recently decided to get our business going too.

We started working on projects and doing craft shows, but it took a little longer to get the blog up and running the way I wanted to.

This year I've really kicked it into gear by posting more of our projects, linking to parties and promoting the blog on Google+, Pinterest and Hometalk. We've certainly grown a lot since last year.
And how fitting that one of the first projects we linked up, and certainly the one that gained me some great exposure and helped to grow my blog, would be this very same desk, all painted and prettied.

Here she is in all her glory... 
If you missed the post, you can find it here

My blog has been so gratifying for me. It's been so wonderful to have the blogging community out there welcome us with open arms. It feels amazing to know that people really enjoy seeing our projects. 

So I think I should go home and celebrate this birthday with some cake and ice cream.
Sounds like a pretty good plan to me! :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! How exciting! I absolutely love the desk. I'm picking up a kitchen table with chairs this weekend that needs some TLC. I'm so excited and i can't wait.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh - I love that desk! You did a wonderful job restoring it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice. still lovin' that color.

    blessings
    barb

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover